Archive for February, 2009
Also: spending large sums on framing much loved art from @briefly
Lounge, and in fact rest of flat, finally box-free. Amazed.
These are my links for February 27th from 16:58 to 16:58:
Today is the due date.
Nothing happened yet.
Clive Owen’s teeth are way too much
Using the mousemat given to him when he left The KORD Group around 10 years ago.
These are my links for February 27th from 15:54 to 15:58:
Beautiful day, ambling around England’s Lane while M is at the osteo. Silky is the word.
@yaili Couldn’t sleep… Now beginning to run late. Good luck in Gunnersbury today!
Defering sleep to later today. iPhone not helping.
…and != means ‘does not equal’
An important note: RFH = Royal Festival Hall. RFH != Royal Free Hospital. Good night.
A great night with @stevenoverman, Angela, et al – a pleasure – talking #realtime and other stories…
At the RFH neither working or moving boxes or otherwise engaged in chores. I must remember this moment.
These are my links for February 25th from 10:33 to 12:04:
Making a static website. Feels unusual.
People drilling stuff next door: annoying
Coming soon maybe: Top 10 Top 10 jQuery/Wordpress/CSS lists
These are my links for February 25th from 06:44 to 09:21:
- What do you use Twitter for? | Media | guardian.co.uk –
- 7 Interface Design Techniques to Simplify and De-clutter Your Interfaces | Webdesigner Depot –
- Atlas – 280 North – Very very cool in-browser web app development. Cappucino becoming quite a contender. jQuery becoming less interesting for real 'app' development.
Digesting pancakes. M ate them too quickly for me to take a picture.
Disliking the new Safari 4 top tabs thing. Kind of a vaguely tasteful version of the sort of thing Adobe would do. But liking other stuff…
Tabs on top in Safari 4. Probably not a great idea anywhere. Weird.
These are my links for February 23rd from 13:27 to 15:18:
Hosting and domain stuff is never simple, dammit.
So frustrating/odd/depressing I won’t be at Glastonbury. The first time I haven’t been since 1992. Damn those responsibilities.
These are my links for February 23rd from 09:48 to 09:48:
Links for December 31st through February 22nd:
- How To Build An iPhone App: A Guide –
- Netsuite nightmares: part deux –
- Tragedy of the bank high-flyers who can't bear the stress of failure – Times Online –
- 10 Amazing WordPress Plugins for Flickr : Speckyboy Design Magazine –
- iamelgringo: Tables vs CSS: CSS Trolls begone –
- How To Choose The Right CMS | Webdesigner Depot –
- Create a Custom WordPress Plugin From Scratch – NETTUTS –
- Different approaches to positioning a comment icon in Basecamp and Backpack – (37signals) –
- Setting Equal Heights with jQuery | Filament Group, Inc. –
- 10 Killer WordPress Hacks | How-To | Smashing Magazine –
- VTubeTools – Create Create custom youtube embed players and convert video to animated gif –
- YouTube Embed Code Options – Autoplay On or Off | Web 2.0 Marketing –
- 8 Interesting CMS for e-commerce websites –
- 10 Free powerful Content Management Systems –
- WP Engineer –
Right: more chores
A beautiful day unfortunately spent in Ikea and then building Ikea furniture.
Somehow found myself in Ikea Edmonton. Quiet though.
Watching right now the BBC talking about Twitter and the news – and the problem of authenticity. #RTP
@stevenoverman Welcome to the club. The nausea wears off after a couple days, but will you be able to look at yourself in the mirror?
Think I’m done for the day
I’d like a word processor that uses CSS as the styles engine
@briefly We do get “helicopter hovering above my estate” – but it means something VERY different here